Hospital Designation: Consultant In-charge Weight Loss, Laparoscopic, General Surgeon
Laparoscopic Surgery, Bariatric surgery, Obesity control
Dr. Ashish Krishna (MBBS, MS, Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery) is an expert at handling all kinds of emergencies and elective surgeries with ease. He completed his MBBS from Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata in the year 2000.
With over 9 years of experience in his field, he has learnt the art of responsible multi-tasking and manages the Department of Surgery at two hospitals.
- Dr. Ashish Krishna was fortunate enough to work with Dr. Shailesh Puntambekar for fellowship at the latter’s centre Galaxy CARE Laparoscopy and Robotic Institute, Pune, Maharashtra. Dr. Puntambekar is considered as one of the best laparoscopic surgeons in the world and is especially known for his method of performing specialized laparoscopic radical hysterectomy called the "Pune Technique".
- He has received extensive training in advanced laparoscopic procedures like Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS), Esophagectomy, Nephrectomy, Sleeve Gastrectomy from Dr. Sailesh.
- Dr. Ashish also has extensive experience with robotic surgery on the Da Vinci robotic system, which is the latest advancement in the world of minimal access surgery. He has worked asan assistant in approximately 100 Robotic Surgeries on the Da Vinci 3-arm system which gives him an edge over other doctors in his field.
- Dr. Ashish Krishna has performed all types of elective and emergency procedures, mostly by laparoscopic approach and has also worked with Dr. Laurent Liyani, a famous Bariatric surgeon from Australia.
- He has performed more than 1500 laparoscopic surgeries in the last 5 yrs. He is highly proficient in Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Procedures and thyroid surgeries, breast surgeries like total and hemi-thyroidectomy, modified radical mastectomy.
- MBBS completed in 2000 from the Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata
- MS – General Surgery completed in 2005 from Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata
- Senior Consultant at the Department of Minimal Access Surgery & Bariatric surgery, Sunrise hospital
- Consultant at the Nova Surgical Hospital
- Consultant at the Jeewan Mala Hospital, Karol Bagh, New Delhi
- Consultant at the Altius Sonia Hospital and Hemraj Jain Hospital, Delhi
- Senior Resident at the Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital, Rohini, New Delhi
- Registrar, Oncosurgery at the Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata
- Advance Laparoscopic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Pune
- Fellowship in Bariatric surgery
Presentations And Publications
- Publication : `Laparoscopic Removal of Hydatid Cyst in Young Female – A Case Report`, Minimally Invasive Surgery Vol. 2011